Saturday, April 26, 2008

281

I told you that I went to a librarian convention in Minneapolis. One great thing about the convention besides the nice people is the freebies. I got 281 free books, lots of pens, book marks and office supplies. Free books it was like I died and gone to heaven. And you get to meet authors and speak with them (all but Avi). It was 2 1/2 days of free things even food and drinks (alcohol too). That's my ideal vacation it could only be better if the lodging was free. Now my kid got more books then I did. Now we didn't do much shopping we maybe had one small bag. We knew it from past experiences we would get tons of books, so we rented a ford explorer or something like that. That vehicle was huge and by the time we got all of our books in it and the one shopping bag there was barely any room left for us to sit. I seriously thought the kids were going to strap me to the hood like a deer (this was Minnesota remember). But we managed some how to make it back home without leaving a book behind this time. Of course it took a week to straighten my body out so I stopped looking like a carnival sideshow. I think for the next one we will hire a limo.

No comments: