Saturday, May 17, 2008

Say A Little Prayer

If you have been reading this blog you know that my dear friend Cindy passed away. When Cindy was alive her birthday is the 4th of July. Usually Cindy, her sister mother and her nephew would go see fireworks. Now her nephew (refer to as N) is a fatherless child. Cindy's brother died when he was a baby. N's father loved fireworks so every year they would take N with them. When N was about 8 I started going along and something about this child tugged my heart. He was so sweet generally a good kid. But I knew he was lost, as only one fatherless child to another can know. It's not that the large extended family didn't try. But life goes on things happen and quiet fatherless children go unnoticed. I see him several times a year for next 6 years. Then a little over 2 years ago Cindy died, three months before that his grandfather died and 6 months before that his other aunt died also. He was close to them all. We all went one last time to see fireworks after Cindy died and N was there. I watch him grow from a child to a very tall and large teenage. Still sweet and still lost. Now N lives in a not so nice part of town. He is half Hispanic and it shows. He dropped out of school and went to stay out of state for awhile with an uncle. He just returned home 2 weeks ago. Now I don't know if he is in a gang. But yesterday while he was on the street someone shot him. The bullet missed his heart by 2 millimeters. He is in intensive care and is expected to make it. In the same hospital where his family has all died. Hopefully he won't. I am filled with such sadness for this child. I wish I could do something for him but I don't know what to do. Except to say a little prayer for him and I hope you do too.

1 comment:

Desktop Diva said...

Poor sweet baby. I wish there was a way to help him. I have said a prayer and will continue to do so.