Thursday, January 10, 2008

Irving the fearful

My cat Irving brings new meaning to the term fraidy cat. This poor pitiful cat is afraid of everything and everybody. Even the kid and the boy who were his foster parents. I think I have had Irving 2 or 3 years now. And if I move to fast he runs or cowers like I am going to beat him to a pulp. I never raised a hand to him or rarely my voice, except when he wanted to use my new furniture as a scratching post. If I pick him up to fast he freaks, or I move too fast, the phone rings or the doorbell, or the dreaded footsteps on the stairs. I have seen him swear to god jump at his own shadow. Company never sees him and my mean mudder has only seen him 4 times. When I brought him home, to and from the vet, and one day my door popped open and he decided to explore the stairwell. When the mean mudder open the door she saw his back end and he was gone. He didn't come out out his hidey hole for hours. He has never been in the stairwell since. But when things are quiet and peaceful and he's in the mood. Irving can be a loving cat. He's my comedian he makes me laugh daily. Especially at his fears. I would post a picture of him but cameras scare him. Whoops I just sneezed and he's gone! Take care!

1 comment:

headbanger_71369 said...

You can say that again!
Boo!

(oops!, sorry Irving)