Friday, January 25, 2008

Plastic, paper, or conspiracy

It was recently announced that Whole Foods is doing away with plastic bags. And everyone is praising them for it, good for the environment etc. While I agree it's good for the environment but I can't help but wonder if it's a conspiracy. I really don't think corporate America give a hoot about the environment. I think this is the beginning of a conspiracy to charge us more at the checkout. Now I love Whole Foods to shop, but as a corporation I can't stand them. I work for a brief time for them. And if you ever want a laugh read their employee handbook. Anyway I like to shop there and they have always been upfront for charging you for bags. But I have notice 1 small store chain that shall remain nameless (Half Priced Books) charging for bags. No sign is posted but they do sell there own reusable bag. Now the amount charged is minimal but that's not the point. This is just one more way to charge us more. Remember at the gas station they would pump gas for you. Then it started if they pump the gas they charged you more. Now you can't pay them to pump gas. And come to think of it how about the shopping clubs. People actually pay for the privilege to shop at Sam's Club, Costco, BJ Warehouse, etc. And these places you have to pump your own gas and hell they don't even let you buy bags to put your stuff in. So once again big business is sticking it to us. So I ask you plastic, paper, or conspiracy?

No comments: