Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ivy aka Garbo

I think my lovely cat Ivy is the reincarnation of Greta Garbo. She wants to be alone. Not alone exactly just don't touch her. If you pick her up she gets all upset and meows like you are killing her. And if you want to get her moving you can chase her all around the house by saying " I'm going to pet you". You will never see a cat moves so fast. Now my kid loves to torture Ivy she's forever picking Ivy up. Just like siblings the older teasing the younger. My kid probably wouldn't bother Ivy if she could get Irving out of his hidey hole. My kid says Ivy is blonde, she has this constant confused look on her face. I must say sometimes Ivy not the brightest light bulb.
Now Ivy reminds me of a Rubens painting. Soft fleshy and round. We never say that horrible three letter F word in this house. Ivy's an emotional eater when she gets upset she runs for the food bowl. Every time you pick her up, pet her, or Irving bugs her to much she runs for her bowl. Like that bowl is going to protect her. But it does if Ivy's at her bowl everyone leaves her alone. Now you are probably wondering why I love this cat so much. A cat that hates to be held or petted. When it's just us three in the house Ivy will (when she decides) allow me the honor of rubbing her belly. She also has a sixth sense about when I am having a bad pain day. On those days she never lets me out of her sight and when I lie down show lies down beside my pillow and allows me the pleasure of rubbing her belly. And this simple act makes me feel a bit better.

No comments: