Saturday, November 17, 2007

Dumb Names For Rugrats

Why on earth do people insist on giving kids dumb names? Names like Moon Unit, Trixie Crimefighter, Ever, Pilot,Apple and Rumor. Or give them names that are spelled so oddly that you don't know how to pronounce them. And my biggest pet peeve a name that usually belongs to the opposite sex of the child. That's me, I have a boys name. And i have hated it all my life! As if childhood isn't hard enough, parents give them these names. I have spent my life with the joys of having a boys name. My credit card often gets me in trouble. Usually I just have to show my drivers license but once they called security on me first for a stolen credit card. Or in the ob-gyn office and they call my name , everyone looks to see the guy going to ob-gyn. They probably think I am a transsexual. So this delightful gift keeps on giving long after childhood. Now I have a lot of good friends and a godchild or two and no one has ever given my name to a child of either sex. Yet everyone says how cute my name is. Even my own kid and the boy refuses to even consider using my name if and when they have a rugrat. Hell she wouldn't even give her cat my name!
If you going to give a kid these kind of names, I have some suggestions for you like Kick My Ass, Beat Me Up, I Am A Homosexual or Take My Lunch Money. Because this is what will happen to the poor kid. So I plead on the behalf of people gifted with a dumb name, PARENTS DON'T GO IT! I have to go now and open my "mister" mail.