Monday, November 5, 2007

My pain in the ass!!

Let me tell you about the pain in my ass. Now if you think I am speaking of someone or something. You are wrong. I live with chronic pain and a vast majority is in my ass. Living with chronic pain is difficult and it is even harder to explain. Physically for me it's like sitting on a sharp yet dull knife all the time. My back feels like it was beaten with a crowbar. Then if that wasn't enough because of my disability there are assorted daily aches and pains. Muscles spasms, stiffness, and the dreaded pain fog. You learn to cope with the physical but not the pain fog. A pain fog is even harder to explain then the chronic pain. Your brain is foggy information moves slower than a snail. Your hearing isn't being processed. You are in a fog the pain is so overwhelming that overrides the senses and the brain. And in the pain fog you know you are there and things are going on around you. Yet you can't grasp them. It's just the worst. Talking with other chronic pain livers ( we are livers with chronic pain) mention pain fog and everyone knows exactly what you are talking about. And is hated by one and all. And if you are reading I hope and pray you never know chronic pain and pain fog. So take care and be nice.

No comments: