Friday, February 15, 2008

Remembering Archie

Eleven years ago today we lost Archie. Techinally is was my stepfather but truthfully he was my Dad. Even if I never called him that. To me he was just Arch and he was the only person I have ever allowed to call me a common nickname for my name. There's not a day still that goes by that he doesn't cross my mind. I loved him so. And he was the love of my mother's life. They were 2 peas in a pod. He was my kid's only active grandparent and in a lot of ways he was her Dad too. He was a wonderful man. A renaissance man. He painted, read , wrote love poems for my mother, cooked, cleaned, hunted, fished, told the best dirty jokes and truely lived his life to the fullest. Which is a good thing because it was too short. So he's gone but not forgotten and loved even more.

No comments: