Monday, December 31, 2007

My New Year's Resolution

My New Years resolution is the same one I have every year, it is not to have a New Year's resolution. I think making them sets you up for failure. Come on how many resolution have you made or kept? Or anyone elses? Not many I bet! I just think it's a terrible idea. Because mostly likely you not going to keep it. And if you tell anyone what it is, months later someone going to ask what happen to your New Year's resolution? There's one in every crowd that will love pointing out you didn't keep it.
Then comes the end of December again. And you start thinking about the resolution you didn't keep and you feel kind of bad about it. But you will convince yourself this time will be different, you will keep it. But like me you'll break it. Like I do every year but saying my New Year's resolution is not to have a resolution. Curses foiled again!

1 comment:

trucker friend said...

i did not even wach the ball drop. and it is so depresing to set goals you will never reach.