Monday, December 10, 2007

Tingling and Giddy

I am tingling and giddy. It's my favorite time of year. I love Christmas. I love the reason, the songs (except for Jingle Bell Rock), the decorations, the smells, the foods , and best of all giving gifts. I love to give gifts. I always understood why Elvis gave away cars and Rosie O'Donnell always gave the audience gifts. For the pure joy of giving. To see the look on someone face when you give a great gift or in many of my gifts the laughter that erupts from a gag gift. I always wanted to be rich so I could have Christmas all year long. Let me say I also wanted to be rich for the creature comforts too. But image to able to buy the present of someones dreams. But I do love Christmas! And I still get excited for the day to come. Really it starts Christmas eve, then Christmas day and the day after. The day after me and the kid go shopping. I have done this with from the time she was 3 months old. It's tradition and cheapness. I can honestly say I have not paid full price for any wrapping paper, bows, tags, cards or most decorations since the year I got married. I even moved to Iceland with enough wrapping paper etc for 3 years and I even brought back some. Now the kid is doing the same thing. It's a tradition I love. And we must be nuts to do it. We have been known to get up at 4:30 AM to be a store opening at 5. But generally by the time everyone else rolls out of bed, we have had lunch and are heading home for a nap. I guess I love Christmas so much because I don't celebrate any other holiday. Not since the kid got married. So I do Christmas big. Not as big as I did when the kid was home. I have given up decorating and baking cookies. I used to have 3 tress in a 5 room apartment. Lights, garland, and other decoration everywhere. Even the bathroom I had Santa shower curtain etc. And the cookies. I think I made a least a 100 dozen cookies every year, loaves of carrot bread, and for a few years candy. So I still do Christmas big in my own way. I am always tingling and giddy this time of year.

No comments: