Friday, December 28, 2007

Warning don't use self checkout unless you have esp!

Well you learn something new everyday. I learned that to use the self checkout at an unnamed store (Jewel) you need esp. Let me explain. I went to the unnamed store (Jewel) the other day to get a few items for New Years Eve. Middle of the morning and the lines were long. Even the 10 items or less, so I decided to use the self checkout. Now in theory I loathe them because we do all the work and they still charge us the same. I think we should get a 5 to 10% discount for doing all the work. Anyway back at the store I waited for a station to open. When one did I started my checkout. I get to the fourth item and the damn machine freezes up and start saying get employee to assist. Now the monitor for the lanes disappeared. I'm looking around nobody's home. The woman behind me said the monitor went outside. So I am waiting a couple of minutes and a new woman goes to the monitoring station. So I say "Excuse me I need help here". And this broad (aka bitch) says very snotty "I am helping you lady". I can't believe my ears, so I look at the woman behind me. She looks as stunned as I feel. Now I have always have seen them come to the station to help you but apparently they can do things at the monitoring station. Who knew? See that's why you need esp.
So the machine clears and I finished my checkout. I said very loudly "thanks for the wonderful customer service". Then I step up to her face and read her name tag and walked out. Now I get home and I did something I have never done before. I called the store manager and complained about an employee. Now I don't having any problems with complaining, but I hate talking to strangers on the phone. But that broad (bitch) worked my last nerve. So I just vented to the store manager and of course they will say anything to please you. Will something happen? Probably not but I sure felt better. I felt like that guy in the movie Network. Yelling we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!
I know what you're thinking now, because I am practicing my esp for next shopping trip!

No comments: